We Will Show You The Way To Success!

News & Events


U.S. reporting rules for RRSPs and RRIFs
If you own a Canadian RRSP or RRIF, under U.S. domestic law, you are required to include income and gains earned inside your RRSP or RRIF in your taxable income for U.S. tax purposes on a current year basis, rather than when this income is withdrawn (which is the case for Canadian tax purposes). Due to this timing mismatch, double taxation can result. However, there is relief under the Canada-U.S. Tax Treaty, which allows a U.S. person to elect to defer recognition of the income and gains in their U.S. taxable income until such time as the income is withdrawn from their RRSP or RRIF.


Filing deadlines
Normally you must file your U.S. return for a particular year no later than April 15th of the year following the year in issue. However, there is an automatic extension to June 15th if you are resident outside the U.S. on April 15th. For example, if you are a U.S. person and are resident in Canada on April 15, 2010, you must file your 2009 U.S. tax return by June 15, 2010.

Services we offer

  • Personal, self-employed and corporate tax returns for Canada and U.S.

  • Canadian federal  GST and provincial sales tax returns

  • Complete bookkeeping and journal entries

  •  T-4 and RL-1 preparation and payroll tax returns

  • Audit assistance,  correspondence and negotiations with CRA and IRS

  • US sales tax returns and tax planning for all States

  • U.S. withholding tax refund from CASINO gains


We are always available via email or telephone for an initial evaluation of your individual tax position.

Should you decide to use our services, transmissions of all necessary documents can easily be achieved via the following means:

Email, Fax, Scanned documents, PDF Documents, Regular postal service